As part of the HORIZONTE event series, HUFW and WWG cordially invite you to a panel discussion on the topic of Green Finance.
Panel discussion followed by a Q&A session to discuss the future of sustainable finance on the 8th of June at 6 pm in the faculty of Economics of the HU Berlin (Spandauer Straße 1, room 220).
At the event, we want to look at what Green Finance actually means and have a discussion about the Green Investment labels, their accountability and the overall quality of these financial instruments. We want to ask questions like:
- What is the difference to Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Criteria?
- How can we avoid Greenwashing?
- Could Green investments become the new benchmark of investing?
For this purpose, we envision a panel debate moderated by Thomas Wendel between members of the political, financial and academic fields, including:
- Sana Al-Badri (Co-founder of Sagefund)
- Prof. Dr. Alexander Bassen (Chair of Business Administration at the University of Hamburg)
- Katharina Beck (Member of the Bundestag, financial policy spokesperson for Bündnis 90/ Die Grünen)
- Claudio Baccianti (Economist, Agora Energiewende)
The event will begin with a short welcoming speech by Humboldt University Professor Joachim Gassen.
After the event, snacks and sparkling wine will be provided. Registration is not necessary.
We look forward to seeing you!